Eliminating Sales Commissions
Sales commissions are almost universally used in the
software business, as in all business sectors. They are liked
because they align incentives between sales staff and the
companies that employ them. Nevertheless there are serious
problems with the sales commission model, problems that led
Thoughtworks to get rid of all sales commissions in 2013.
18 February 2013
- Tap the info icon in the top banner to show this panel, tap it
again to hide it.
- Move forward and backward using the arrow buttons at the top banner.
- If you’re on a touch device then a tap on the left or right will
move backwards or forwards. Tapping elsewhere will bring up a simple
- If this deck has a table of contents, there will be a button on
the top banner. Tap it to bring up a list of links to some of the
slides in the deck. Tap it again to hide it.
- You can also use a keyboard:
- right-arrow, down-arrow, page-down, and space move forwards.
- left-arrow, up-arrow, page-up, and backspace move backwards
- If you’re on a slide with many builds, then the up and down arrow
keys will skip over the builds
- press “g” to bring up a dialog which allows you to jump to any
slide number. You can also do this by clicking on the page number
on the banner.
- press “home” to go to the first slide, “end” to the last
- press “c” to bring up the table of contents (if there is one). Tap
c to hide it again.
The deck should work well in the latest versions of most browsers. If
you are using Internet Explorer you will need at least version 10 to get a